Please complete our online application through the TalentEd Recruit & Hire link at the bottom of this page.
Administrative Secretary to Assistant Director of Facilities
Application deadline date: April 12, 2015
1. High school diploma with additional training/coursework in clerical skills and technology related skills equivalent to a two-year business degree.
2. A minimum of five years work experience in secretarial work or in the business field.
3. Requires experience in integrated computer applications
SALARY CLASSIFICATION: Step 8 - Support Staff Salary Schedule
JOB GOAL: To assure the smooth and efficient operation of the Facilities office
• Represent the Assistant Director of Facilities and serve as a liaison between the principals, employees, students, patrons, organizations and visitors; effectively manage confidential information.
• Handle and route all incoming and outgoing mail; Review correspondence, answer questions and respond to meeting requests directed to the assistant director.
• Produce and distribute information as needed; write and edit articles/correspondence and design graphic presentations on behalf of the director.
• Process and oversee payroll issues for the department.
• Review and code budget items for director's approval.
• Perform background checks on contractors for the department.
• Responsible for monthly p-card statements and coding.
• Prepare utility spreadsheets, monthly budget reports for the divisions within Facilities and Transportation.
• Possess an understanding of finance and budgets and assist in developing budget enhancement lists, budget narratives and reports for Executive Team meetings and the School Board.
• Plan and organize meetings, conference, and special events and/or coordinate as assigned by the assistant director.
• Schedule appointments and meetings for the assistant director.
• Receive and place telephone calls, take messages, transfer calls, and answer questions if necessary.
• Maintain a regular filing system.
• Perform other tasks as assigned by the assistant director.
Instructional Aides - Elementary/Secondary (2014-2015)
Application deadline date: June 5, 2015
Instructional Aide positions are filled throughout the year from a pool of qualified applicants. Additional education and/or experience may be required for specific aide positions. Number of hours per day and hourly rate may vary by position.
This posting is for Instructional Aide positions through the end of the 2014-15 school year.
Starting salary: $12.79 - $15.22
Substitute Instructional Aides - Elementary/Secondary Schools
Substitute instructional aides are needed in the elementary and secondary schools to fill in for staff throughout the
year. These positions are flexible and can work around your schedule.
We will accept applications throughout the school year. Please
contact the Human Resources office at 701-323-4070 and notify them of your interest in working as a sub aide after you have completed the online application.
Hourly rate ranges from $12.79 - $15.22.
Step 4 - full-time position
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds
Starting salary: $13.32 per hour
TalentEd Recruit & Hire (link)
The Bismarck Public School District uses an online application process. All external applicants must complete the online application to be considered for all job openings with BPS.
The link for the internal application is found in the upper right corner at the TalentEd Recruit & Hire site. Current BPS employees can complete the internal application to apply for positions in the same category as their current job (i.e., current contracted teachers applying for a different teaching position, support staff employees applying for a different support staff position, etc.). Temporary employees and substitutes, both regular and long term, are NOT considered internal applicants and should complete the external application to apply for posted positions.
Veteran's Preference will be applied for qualified applicants in compliance with the North Dakota Century Code.