Please complete our online application through the TalentEd Recruit & Hire link at the bottom of this page.
Elementary Kitchen Manager - Rita Murphy Elementary School
Application deadline date: March 12, 2015
1. High school diploma or equivalent
2. Cooking experience
3. Must be able to lift up to 30 pounds, extended periods of standing, along with bending and stooping
1. Ensure that federal, state, and city health standards are followed. **
2. Follows serving size and meal pattern requirements as determined by the USDA. **
3. Prepare and serve food from a planned menu using tested and uniform recipes and determine the finished product is of best quality, both in flavor and appearance, before it is served. **
4. Responsible for the daily cleaning of all kitchen equipment and the washing and sterilizing of all dishes, silverware, and utensils. **
5. Check food shipments into the school, signing invoices only after each order has been verified.
6. Determine the quantities of each food to be prepared daily.
7. When assigned, record all food requisitions from the storeroom and record all meals served.
8. Report immediately to the principal or supervisor any problem or accident occurring in the kitchen or cafeteria.
9. Report to the principal or supervisor any faulty or inferior quality food which is received.
10. Assign and supervise Food Service Assistant Cooks.
This position follows the school calendar. 6.5 hours per day.
Starting salary: $15.22 per hour
Instructional Aides - Elementary/Secondary (2014-2015)
Application deadline date: June 5, 2015
Instructional Aide positions are filled throughout the year from a pool of qualified applicants. Additional education and/or experience may be required for specific aide positions. Number of hours per day and hourly rate may vary by position.
This posting is for Instructional Aide positions through the end of the 2014-15 school year.
Starting salary: $12.79 - $15.22
Substitute Instructional Aides - Elementary/Secondary Schools
Substitute instructional aides are needed in the elementary and secondary schools to fill in for staff throughout the
year. These positions are flexible and can work around your schedule.
We will accept applications throughout the school year. Please
contact the Human Resources office at 701-323-4070 and notify them of your interest in working as a sub aide after you have completed the online application.
Hourly rate ranges from $12.79 - $15.22.
Step 4 - full-time position
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds
Starting salary: $13.32 per hour
TalentEd Recruit & Hire (link)
The Bismarck Public School District uses an online application process. All external applicants must complete the online application to be considered for all job openings with BPS.
The link for the internal application is found in the upper right corner at the TalentEd Recruit & Hire site. Current BPS employees can complete the internal application to apply for positions in the same category as their current job (i.e., current contracted teachers applying for a different teaching position, support staff employees applying for a different support staff position, etc.). Temporary employees and substitutes, both regular and long term, are NOT considered internal applicants and should complete the external application to apply for posted positions.
Veteran's Preference will be applied for qualified applicants in compliance with the North Dakota Century Code.