Please complete our online application through the TalentEd Recruit & Hire link at the bottom of this page.
Application deadline date: Wed., February 24, 2016
Bismarck Public Schools is now hiring for a 12 month bus driver position.
1. High School Diploma or GED
2. Must have a minimum of a Class C or higher commercial driver's license with a passenger endorsement - air brake endorsement recommended.
3. Basic First Aid and CPR
4. Must meet current DOT standards.
5. Must provide current driving record from North Dakota Motor Vehicle Department.
6. Must be able to lift up to 45 pounds.
Reports To: Transportation Supervisor
Salary Classification: Step 6 - Support Staff Salary Schedule
Job Goal: To provide safe transportation, as needed, to enhance
the education and activities within the Bismarck Public School District.
Starting salary: $17.12 per hour
Instructional Aide - Wachter Middle School
Application deadline date: Fri., February 19, 2016
Instructional aide - work with students in a variety of settings. Provide academic and behavioral support for students in the classroom and other settings throughout the school.
Hours - 6 to 6.5 hours per day
1. High school diploma
2. The ability to lift up to 25 pounds
3. Ability to obtain a ND Paraeducator Certificate
SALARY CLASSIFICATION: Step 5 - Support Staff Salary Schedule
REPORTS TO: Teacher, Program Specialist and/or Building Principal
JOB GOAL: To assist the teacher and/or program specialist to achieve teaching objectives by working with students individually or in small groups.
Starting salary: $15.67 per hour
Secretary to the Principal - Myhre Elementary School
Application deadline date: Mon., February 22, 2016
1. High School Diploma or Equivalent
2. A minimum of three (3) years of secretarial experience
Reports To: Principal
Salary Classification: Step 8 - Support Staff Salary Schedule
Job Goal: To complete office work and coordinate other matters essential to the efficiency and effectiveness of the school.
1. Work efficiently, completing all assigned job duties on a timely basis. **
2. Compile, organize, and maintain all required student, school, state, and federal records and reports. **
3. Inform principal of matters which affect the operation of the school. **
4. Verify daily student attendance and follow up, as necessary. **
5. Input and verify payroll information for all staff. **
6. Determine that appropriate criteria have been met for the release of students and/or student information. **
7. Assist students, staff, and the public with all inquiries, if unable to answer their question direct them to someone who can. **
8. Oversee school purchases and budgets. **
9. Manage and administer student medications. **
10. Print report cards and modify stored grades four times per year.
11. Assess and report student and staff injuries.
12. Assist in scheduling and preparing parent teacher conferences twice a year.
13. Manage the school meal program.
14. Assist with summer programs at the school, as needed.
15. Comprehend and execute secretary roles and responsibilities, as detailed in the District Emergency Operations Plan.
16. Perform other duties as assigned.
The performance responsibilities and duties may change at any time depending on the needs of the district.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Work year to be established by the principal.
Starting salary: $20.42 per hour
Application deadline date: Sun., March 6, 2016
INTERNAL POSTING ONLY
QUALIFICATIONS: Must have driver's license
Work experience related to brush & roller painting
Work experience related to spray painting
REPORTS TO: Assistant Director of Facilities
SALARY: Step 6 support staff salary schedule
JOB GOAL: To provide necessary interior/exterior painting requirements throughout the Bismarck Public School District's buildings and playgrounds.
1. Responsible for safe operation of hand and power tools.**
2. Required to work off ladders, scaffold and electric lift.**
3. Be able to lift a minimum of 60 lbs.**
4. Be able to operate spray equipment for painting large areas.**
5. Be able to paint interior/exterior district buildings.**
6. Be able to repair holes in sheetrock.**
7. Be able to install and repair wallpaper.
8. Be familiar with the chemical hazards associated with paints.
9. Ensure that proper ventilation is maintained when painting in enclosed area.
10. Responsible for security of material and supplies.
11. Other duties as assigned.
12. Care and maintenance of painting equipment.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Approximately 3-month position (June-August)
EVALUATION: Evaluated annually by the Assistant Director of Facilities
Starting salary: $17.18 per hour
Instructional Aides - Elementary/Secondary (2015-2016)
Instructional Aide positions are filled throughout the year from a pool of qualified applicants. Additional education and/or experience may be required for specific aide positions. Number of hours per day and hourly rate may vary by position.
This posting is for Instructional Aide positions through February 29, 2016.
Bus Monitor - Bismarck Public Schools
Bismarck Public Schools has openings throughout the school year for bus monitors.
1. High School Diploma or GED
2. The ability to work with children in a competent matter.
3. Basic First Aid and CPR.
Reports To: Transportation Supervisor
Salary Classification: Step 3 - Support Staff Salary Schedule
Starting Salary: $13.18 per hour
Job Goal: To assist in providing safe transportation, as needed, to enhance the education and activities within the Bismarck Public School District.
1. Assist the bus driver in maintaining good student conduct on the bus. **
2. Assist young and/or handicapped students in getting on and off of the bus. This includes knowledge of seat restraints systems to secure handicapped students. **
3. Assure that students get on and off the bus in an orderly manner. **
4. Make recommendations that will provide better transportation services to the students. **
5. Assist substitute drivers in navigating daily routes, as needed. **
6. Report any incidents to the Transportation Coordinator.
The performance responsibilities and duties may change at any time depending on the needs of the Bismarck Public School District.
Substitute Bus Drivers
Substitute bus drivers are needed in the district to drive for activity trips and fill in on bus routes as needed.
Applications will be accepted throughout the year. Please fill out the online application by clicking the TalentEd Recruit and Hire link below.
Step 4 - full-time position
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds
Starting salary: $14.35 per hour
TalentEd Recruit & Hire (link)
The Bismarck Public School District uses an online application process. All external applicants must complete the online application to be considered for all job openings with BPS.
The link for the internal application is found in the upper right corner at the TalentEd Recruit & Hire site. Current BPS employees can complete the internal application to apply for positions in the same category as their current job (i.e., current contracted teachers applying for a different teaching position, support staff employees applying for a different support staff position, etc.). Temporary employees and substitutes, both regular and long term, are NOT considered internal applicants and should complete the external application to apply for posted positions.
Veteran's Preference will be applied for qualified applicants in compliance with the North Dakota Century Code.