Please complete our online application through the TalentEd Recruit & Hire link at the bottom of this page.
Parking Lot Attendant - Legacy High School
Application deadline date: Mon., Sept. 7, 2015
This position is 30 hours per week and follows the school calendar.
Benefits include 3 paid holidays, 9 days of sick leave, 2 paid personal days, long-term disability insurance and $50,000 term life insurance.
1. High School Diploma or Equivalent
2. Minimum 2 years of experience in related job
3. Must have good oral communication skills, be able to work with high school age kids and be willing to work outside in inclement weather
Reports To: School Principal
Salary Classification: Step 5 - Support Staff Salary Schedule
Job Goal: To provide students with a safe, orderly, clean parking lot.
1. Check cars for parking passes and write tickets for cars that do not have them displayed.
2. Do periodic sweeps through building hallways.
3. Direct student parking upon arrival to school.
4. Monitor and maintain flow of traffic as students are picked up after school.
5. Monitor, correct, and report reckless driving within parking lots.
6. Foster positive relationships with students, faculty, and staff.
7. Greet/direct visitors to designated parking and proper entrance to the building.
8. Address student questions regarding parking.
9. Keep driving lanes and emergency routes clear and accessible.
10. Monitor safety of parking lots, including report of suspicious behavior/activity.
11. Perform other duties as assigned.
The performance responsibilities and duties may change at any time depending on the needs of the
Cook/Cashier Positions - Legacy, Horizon & Simle
Application deadline date: September 2, 2015
Openings are available for cook/cashier positions at Legacy High School, Horizon Middle School and Simle Middle School.
Legacy High School - 2.50 hrs/day
Horizon Middle School - 2.50 hrs/day
Simle Middle School - 2.25 hrs/day
Permanent 9 month positions
Starting salary: $13.18 per hour
Kitchen Manager - Northridge
Application deadline date: September 2, 2015
Permanent 9 month position
7 hours per day
6:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
1. High school diploma or equivalent
2. Cooking experience
3. Must be able to lift up to 30 pounds, extended periods of standing, along with bending and stooping.
Benefits include 3 paid holidays, 9 days of sick leave, 2 paid personal days, long term disability insurance and life insurance.
Starting salary: $15.67 per hour
MREC ESP Site Coordinator
Application deadline date: August 31, 2015
MREC Extended School Program (ESP)
To serve as a Site Coordinator for the Extended School Program at a local school. Working with the ESP director, 21st Century evaluators, local school administrators, teachers, students, families, and others to establish and monitor before and after school programs that foster academic growth and esteem in young
Coordination and Advisory Duties: Other duties may be assigned.
• Work with local teachers to ensure that before and after school programs support/reinforce the programs and services of the regular school day.
• To attend all meetings of the MREC ESP Program directed to by the ESP director.
• To work with the ESP director to gain input from educators, family members, civic leaders, and business partners regarding ESP programming.
• Work with local educators and administrators to identify children and families who would benefit from the ESP program.
• To help build strong ties between the site and area service providers including, but not limited to Extension Services, Parks and Recreation, etc.
• To work with the local USDA program to coordinate the before and after school nutrition program.
• Helps coordinate the evaluation of the 21st CCLC within the school assigned.
• Coordinates for supplies, materials, and equipment.
• Coordinates the implementation of programs, daily activities, and special events.
• Schedules, monitors, and evaluates effectiveness of staff assigned or hired.
• Plans, helps sponsor, and participates in activities designed to implement goals of the MREC/ESP.
Qualifications: Bachelor's Degree preferred. Previous work experience in educational programming or recreation preferred. Additionally the coordinator needs knowledge of the community and experience in collaboration with a variety of community partners. Other characteristics needed include: excellent organizational and problem-solving skills, good interpersonal and communication skills.
Terms of Employment: 12 month/Part time. Salary established by the Program Director. Subject for dismissal at Director's discretion.
Reports to: ESP Program Director
AmeriCorps Elementary Literacy Tutors
Application deadline date: September 30, 2015
North Dakota Reading Corps is seeking tutors to help Bismarck/Mandan kindergarten through third grade students succeed in school by giving them the extra support they need in learning how to read. Reading Corps tutors work one-on-one with a caseload of students for 20 minute sessions daily. This part-time position requires a commitment for the entire school year, 5 days a week. Tutors work during the school day while school is in session.
As an AmeriCorps tutor, you will receive a living allowance of about $600 monthly for reduced half-time (20 hours/week) / $400 monthly for quarter time (15 hours/week), an education award of $2,150 (RHT) /$1,493 (QT) to be used for college tuition and current student loans. Tutors who are 55 or older may choose to transfer their education award to a child, grandchild or foster child.
Interested candidates must apply through the www.ndseec.com/readingcorps. Bismarck Public Schools will not transfer applicants from this website.
Training is scheduled for August 11-13, 2015 in Fargo.
The position begins at the start of the 2015-16 school year. Please visit www.ndseec.com/readingcorps for more information.
Instructional Aides - Elementary/Secondary (2015-2016)
Instructional Aide positions are filled throughout the year from a pool of qualified applicants. Additional education and/or experience may be required for specific aide positions. Number of hours per day and hourly rate may vary by position.
This posting is for Instructional Aide positions through October 31, 2015.
Substitute Bus Drivers
Substitute bus drivers are needed in the district to drive for activity trips and fill in on bus routes as needed.
Applications will be accepted throughout the year. Please fill out the online application by clicking the TalentEd Recruit and Hire link below.
Step 4 - full-time position
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds
Starting salary: $13.32 per hour
TalentEd Recruit & Hire (link)
The Bismarck Public School District uses an online application process. All external applicants must complete the online application to be considered for all job openings with BPS.
The link for the internal application is found in the upper right corner at the TalentEd Recruit & Hire site. Current BPS employees can complete the internal application to apply for positions in the same category as their current job (i.e., current contracted teachers applying for a different teaching position, support staff employees applying for a different support staff position, etc.). Temporary employees and substitutes, both regular and long term, are NOT considered internal applicants and should complete the external application to apply for posted positions.
Veteran's Preference will be applied for qualified applicants in compliance with the North Dakota Century Code.